Safe Conservatory cleaning
You will need a CHASE conservatory ladder, either a standard type or professional version if you require adjustment for different sizes of conservatory. Note however that even the CHASE standard type has the ability to have extension pieces fitted.
- Follow normal procedures used with portable ladders, users should be trained.
- Do not use if unwell or unfit.
- Carry out pre-use checks and carry out regular formal inspections dependant on frequency of use.
- If in any doubt whatsoever contact us for advice.
- Fit outrigger bar to top of leaning extension ladder with wing nuts and clamp plates. Pivot slightly so that the bolts rest against the ladder stiles.
- Thoroughly clean and degrease glass and attach suction pad approximately 1 metre from floor level. – take care this is securely attached to a clean surface. Firmly grasp the pad and check it is secure.
- Thread cam-buckle strap around 2 ladder rungs and through the handle of the suction pad and tighten.
- Ensure leaning ladder is secure before proceeding.
- Ascend the leaning ladder holding the roof ladder section and deploy onto roof maintaining 3 points of contact. Locate rung hooks onto top rung of leaning ladder.
- Take care to ensure that both bearer bars are in contact with the roof structure.
- Keep body mass within side rails at all times
- DO NOT overreach or side load.
- DO NOT STAND ON THE ROOF LADDER